
and finally graduated (thanks Erin for putting up with all my complaining!) with a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws (B.Com/LLB).
In knitting related news, I finished my Wavy Scarf for my friend, Alice. Unfortunately, I gave it to her forgetting to take a photo. This was the first project ever that I used the yarn actually called for in the pattern (Cascade 220 - Clem bought it for me in Webs). However, I didn't keep to the pattern as I used 5mm needles instead of 4.5mm and only did 9 repeats instead of 10. The scarf didn't wave in and out as much as I expected but turned out okay. I'll try to get a photo of it.
I also finished another Watermelon hat, this time for Clem's boss, but forgot to take a photo of that too.
However, I did manage to remember to take a photo of the Centre Square hat, I made for my mum's birthday (5th May).

I used two different yarns - the pink is Dale of Norway Freestyle and the pink is Cascade 220 (both Clem purchases from Webs). I wasn't sure whether using two different kinds would work and along the way I had my doubts but it turned out better than I expected. The Ribbing down the bottom is a little funny (the pattern is knit with the yarn doubled over throughout) and I kept getting loose stitches around the decreases at the top but otherwise it looks good. I'm thinking I'll eventually make one for myself, but with more stitches and using one strand of yarn at a time. I can't wait to see my mum wearing it.
2 comments:
Congratulations! How exciting! Does this mean you're done with school or is there more still to come?
Looking forward to seeing the wavy scarf. I'm knocked out by the hat. That's Fair Isle, right? Good job you!
Glad all is going well there.
Chat soon!
Your Very Proud (for the school thing, really, though the hat is good),
SP10
Secret Pal,
I finished uni (university) last year in November. It just took 6 months before graduation. I have no plans to go back anytime soon. I did a five year course at uni. Unis run slightly differently here so I have completed both a business degree and a law degree, even though in the US you would do a college degree first.
Yes. The hat is fair-isle. Its quite easy actually. I'm not sure I fair-isle properly. I just use one colour at a time and then pick up the next colour when I need to. I don't hold both in my hands at once. It probably takes longer but is easy for me to manage.
Post a Comment