Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy Birthday, dear horses!

In no particular order:

1. I have choosen not to participate in SP11. I really enjoyed SP10 but found that I spend alot of time knitting stuff for my secret pal (not that I minded!) and so got behind in my other knitting tasks. I need some time to just catch up. I did enjoy it though. I'll probably do SP12 (if it happens).

2. In answer to Em's question. I think I will still continue to blog here. Discussions with Erin shall commence.

3. I bought/had made a new hat.

Hat

I bought it originally for a Cludeo (US -> Clue - the board game) party I was going to at staff conference. I went as Mrs Peacock. One day I will post the view from my room. Its one of my favourite places ever.

So much do I love this hat, and so lacking in opportunities to wear it am I, that I decided we were going to have "Fancy Hat Sunday" at Sunday school, just so I could wear the hat again.

4. On Friday, I went with my parents and some others to the ABC 702 Knit In. I do not like to get up at 5:15am but somehow I made it. I have been inspired to knit the Wrap with Love mitred square blanket though - but to do it without any seams. I hope to have one finished by next year. To that end I picked up some more free (its donated acrylic - other non-knitters donate stash) yarn to make it with.

Red yarn

I plan to make each alternating square red. I know the colours don't exactly match but close enough.

5. My parents were served loose leaf tea by Richard Glover. (Okay, technically my mum was served tea by Richard, my dad by Richard's director.)

Richard Glover

6. Why is it, that I who knit all day everyday, seem to be missed but my dad who knits ONE morning a year, ends up on the ABC news knitting? We didn't even know he had been filmed.

Dad knitting

7. So many people saw him though. (It was a good thing I convinced my mum to tape the news.)

7. The reason we taped the news, is because we went to an 80s party. My mum and I wore 1980s clothes (including some almost authentic leg warmers - I think I bought them in the 90s), while my dad went in a toga (AD 80 clothes).

Leg warmers

8. It was Kru's 18th. I knit her a Noro beanie.

Kru's hat

(I had woven in the ends before I gave it to her.)

9. Last night, I came home and as I looked along the couch

Dad knitting

My dad was knitting

Mum knitting

My mum was knitting

Anna knitting

And I was knitting. (No. Honey wasn't knitting. She just sleeps.) Aww...how cute. Hmm...a family that knits together is knitted together?

10. Recently I've been knitting on Operation Trinemanct (so no photos) and a dishcloth for Julie (from work) who is changing jobs.

Julie's dishcloth

Only the border to go. I'm intruiged by how the verigated colours create a pattern in the fabric (e.g. all the green is in one place, all the blue in another).

1 comment:

Imperatrix said...

A knitting family? That is very cute! ;-)

i'm taking a break from SP, too. It's been so hot here (and without AC) that I haven't picked up needles in weeks (and my fingers are starting to get twitchy!)