Thursday, August 23, 2007

Of Ball Winders and Swifts!

Working on Secret projects makes life hard for blogging, but both are nearing completion, so I will be back to my generally normal knitblogging self shortly. (I admit that I could have blogged about other stuff and sooner too. Sorry!) Anyway, I have really exciting news!

My LYS has finally gotten in ball winders!!!! (Previously you had to buy one off ebay or something - Knit Picks wouldn't even ship them privately to Australia). They weren't for sale last week (as they hadn't worked out what they were going to price them at) but they had one in the shop for use. So I got to wind a couple of skeins at SnB.

Ball winder

Erin, had also just purchased a secondhand wooden swift of another knitter and so we had the swift there to try out as well.

Swift

It was amazing how all the SnBers just stopped talking and knitting and just stared mesmorised as the ball took shape.

It's Thursday again, so if they've finally priced them, I hope to be a proud ball winder owner tonight. (They expect to have swifts as well in a few weeks.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a ball winder! Yay!

Emily said...

Luckyluckyluckyluckylucky...
Is it weird to be this envious of a ball winder?
No, really, I'm very happy for you. That is great, especially with the difficulty of ordering one. Yea you!
Off to send you a proper email. There is one question I especially need to address something about "Who is the Dave Matthews Band?" Something like that, I can't remember exactly, I blacked out for a moment ;-).
Thanks for the birthday well wishes!