Friday, November 23, 2007

Of pengins (the third and final)

Okay, I finished this almost 2 weeks ago and haven't blogged since.

Pengin

I finished my pengin (Pasha). I made it for two friends of mine who were getting married. The husband is a Linux evangelist. (The linux logo is a pengin. The number of people I've had to explain what Linux is... *sigh* )

I stuffed it with polyester stuffing from Lincraft. [I stupidly went to Lincraft on the first Monday in November, where I was overrun by lots of women buying hat components (for the first Tuesday in November).

(Dear women who require hats for the first Tuesday in November - if you are needing assistance putting a hat together (as evidenced by needing the shop assistant) then you are obviously not into hat making and as you have left your hat purchasing to the last minute - go buy a hat!!!! You can get them for the same price ready made in a wide variety of styles. Thank you *sigh*)

It took me 10 minutes to finally be able to talk to a shop assistant to just ask them "You don't have to come with me, just point me in the extremely vague direction of where polyester stuffing is". And the bag is huge, 200grams is about the size of a pillow. I'm never going to use up all this stuffing.]

Pengin

I hadn't bought eyes so I just embroided (well...kinda, I just kept sewing over in the same spot with white yarn). It's also a little lopsided but it still stands up and looks cute.

Pengin back

I also tried to embroider the back with the couples initials (I was originally going to write their whole names and the date but gave up). It didn't turn out very well though. I was almost tempted to undo it but didn't. I am a knitter not a sewer and I think the yarn was a bit big too. Well...never mind

Pengin in Pengin bag

The piece d'restiance was rushing into Coles to buy a present bag and seeing only two types available, picking up the smallest one without really looking and then realising it was a Happy Feet bag (A pengin in a pengin bag! - Not all Linux but you know...) I was very impressed at my good fortune.

I'm not sure I have a career in knitting toys but it was fun anyway.

1 comment:

adina said...

that is SO CUTE!