Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slow progress

My parents went to Queensland earlier in the month, and my mum was so excited to bring me back this.

Eki Riva Natal

It's four balls of Eki Riva Natal. They bought it from an alpaca farm. They did realise that it wasn't from the farm (it does say Made in Peru) but I didn't have the heart to tell them that I could get it here. (On my birthday, we walked past Tapestry Craft and my mum pointed out, thinking she was showing me a new yarn shop. I did tell her I went there every week.)

It seems like I've been blogging about once a month recently, but with my current knitting progress, I didn't feel like there was much to show.

CablnNet socks

(Cablenet socks in Ranco Colour #483.)

This is exactly how much I have knitted in the last 3.5 weeks. I have never knitted so slowly in such a long time. I'm getting a bit frustrated with it. I'm wondering whether I need to zzzz it. It's a slow pattern and I think I'm lacking the motivation. I mean I'm impressed if I can do one round.

I also have a lot of at the moment, with the normal busyness of July/August, preparing a wedding and planning a last minute trip at the end of August to....Hawaii!!!!!

No comments: