A knitting friend of mine (who knows about this blog but I don't think reads it very often - I'm really hoping she doesn't read this), is going through a really hard time at the moment. In fact, she is suffering from motor neurone disease. Currently, its main effects are not around her hands but I fear it may eventually go that way and sooner than anyone really wants. I keep thinking I should knit her something glorious (I can live under the illusion that I can do this) in some lovely yarn but wonder
- if knitting her something will remind her of what she is not going to be able to do or can no longer do?
- if I do knit her something, what should it be (I'm thinking more along the lines of accesories such as a hat, fingerless mits, socks, a shawl or her favourite, a scarf, rather than a jumper (sweater)), what pattern should I use and what yarn should I use?
I'd really appreciate any suggestions anyone could give, even more background info on what is appropriate etc or whether I should knit a scarf or hat etc.
[I'd ask this on Ravelry but she's more likely to see it there rather than here.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If scarves are her favourite then I would knit her a scarf. I would make it in the most luxurious fibre I could afford [as a good steward of my money] and the most beautiful, complicated pattern that I could competently knit in a reasonable amount of time. Then I would pray for her as I knit it.
Hope this helps and God bless you for wanting to do something for your friend.
I was so sorry to hear about your friend - my dad had MND and it isn't at all fun - definitly knit her something. I made dad a rug which he had for a year and loved.
xxx missfee
Post a Comment