Tomorrow is World Wide Knit in Public Day and I'm really gutted I'll be missing the WWKIP event at Darling Harbour (arranged by PomPom) and the Sydney Craft Show. Unfortunately, that will be a bit hard as I'll be more than 600km away in Moree visiting my grandmother. My mum and I are flying up tonight.
I checked the WWKIP website and the closest WWKIP event is in Narrabri. It's about 1hr 15 minutes drive away. I seriously considered going for about 5 minutes. However, as our visit is only 48 hours, the round trip would be 2.5 hours plus perhaps 2 hours at the event, I'd have to borrow a car, my grandmother is 94 and I only see her twice a year (at best) I decided it probably wasn't the smartest idea. If I was staying for a week, I probably would have gone.
I'm not disappointed I'm visiting my grandmother, but its a shame I can't WWKIP. I'll just have to knit outside with Tatters the cat.
(I'll see if I can get a photographic capture of my (brief and uninteresting) trip as I'm inspired (once again) by Lyn S.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was in that part of the world last weekend for mum's 75th birthday; Bingara is about an hour's drive east of Moree!
Post a Comment