Saturday, October 03, 2009

When your cup is too full

Lots of people use the cup metaphor for good and bad things but today I'm thinking about the stress cup and mine has been overflowing of late. I can cope with bad things but lately, my cup has been rather full (my apologies to everyone who has suffered through it).

- Grandmother had stroke.
- Grandmother passed away (while we were 1000kms away).
- Holiday cut short (lost all the do nothing days) due to funeral.
- Start studying (as well as work full time and I'm out of form).
- Study Materials arrive late (don't get them until 2 weeks into a 12.5 week term).
- Mother tears knee ligament.
- Father goes on business trip while mother has torn ligament so we move in with my mum for a week.

I think I've been learning that you need to leave room in your stress cup, otherwise when unexpected stuff (like most of the above was) then you overflow. Haven't done much knitting recently because of all this. I took two naps today - it helped.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Just imagine what it would be like if you didn't have the Lord to help you!

May His peace be over you and in you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to meditate on the metaphor of the jar of rocks and sand (http://blessingsforlife.com/favforwards/rocksandsand.htm) :)