Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Check up

As I said, I am going to do a once a month progress check on my goals. January was a bit traumatic as work was very busy, we moved apartments (our new apartment is still a mess) and there was a trip to Gunnedah in the middle. So here goes:

1. Spend less time fussing and more time relaxing. Spend one evening a week just watching TV & knitting or similar. (No ironing or sorting or otherwise while watching TV!)

I did purposely take some nights to not unpack and just watch TV but I can't say it was once a week. Between Gunnedah and moving, life hasn't been very straightforward this January.

2. Spend one night per week being organised.

Ha! I think I tried to do something organised for about one hour this month (other than stuff that was so pressing I had to do it). This needs to be worked on like 1.

3. Read 1 book per month of which at least 6 are novels over the course of the year.

This month I read Disciplines of a Godly woman by Barbara Hughes. I think it was a great non-fiction book to start the year. Some things were fairly obvious but also some things I need to work on (like being more generous and appreciating grace more).

4.a) Knit 6 pairs of socks this year. To this end, I would like to have a personal sock club.

4.b) Knit projects in the following order: Socks, a gift, a wrap with love square, a personal project.


Even though this is a two month thing, it's looking a bit iffy. I've only just finished sock one of the two sock set (and that's been my project for 2 months). (Admittedly I didn't work on the sock for about two weeks when we moved as I just couldn't face it - I think the fact that stitches came off the needles make it hard for me to look at).

5. Exercise twice a week.

I think Clem would call this my epic fail. I have done little to no exercise and even though there is a swimming pool across the street from our apartment, I haven't made it there once. (I don't even know where my one piece training swimming costume is.)

6. Use our Wii Fit at least twice this year.

Not yet, but still 11 months to go.

7. Read the 'family' part of M'Cheyne's Yearly Bible reading plan (so at half speed) and For the Love of God Part 1 by Don Carson.

Yes. I didn't get to it every day but I have caught up. I'm on track with this one. =)

8. Have one person/group of people over each month (not including our parents).

Other than the people that helped us move (thanks to all of them!), no one has been to our apartment. Maybe because the floor is still basically covered in boxes.

9. See each of our parents in a meaningful way each fortnight.

After the move, I'm not sure if I've seen my father-in-law or his wife at all. We have seen my parents, when visiting other relatives/family friends and in Gunnedah, so I'm sure there was some meaningful time in their somewhere.

10. Encourage Clem to indulge his passions once each month.

Clem bought new cooking knives but otherwise not really.

11. Celebrate (or commemorate) the holidays well.

Considering my last post, I guess I have done okay considering my issues.

12. Blog at least one meaningful post each week.

I did blog a post about goals (not sure if that counts) and a post about Australia Day, but that isn't one a week.

13. 1 RAK per month.

No.

So, overall not really well, but tomorrow is a new month, a new beginning and we'll see how we go. I need to get the house unpacked if I'm going to make progress but this week is the busiest week for me at work all year (lots of late nights) and from mid-February, I start studying again. We'll see how we go.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Moving and a trip to Gunnedah in one month is enough to cope with!Reading your Bible and "Disciplines of a Godly Woman" is fantastic!