Time for a Feburary Goals check up.
1. Spend less time fussing and more time relaxing. Spend one evening a week just watching TV & knitting or similar. (No ironing or sorting or otherwise while watching TV!)
I don't think I did so well at this to begin with but I've watched alot of olympics on TV the last two weeks. So fairly good on this front. Now to just make it a regular thing.
2. Spend one night per week being organised.
Ha! I barely think I even tried to do this once. Better try harder in March.
3. Read 1 book per month of which at least 6 are novels over the course of the year.
I discovered Clem has the complete works of Jane Austen and as (shock horror) I'd never read any of them, I started reading Sense and Sensibility. I read about 10 pages. I realised very early on I was not going to be able to reach this goal and my knitting goal so gave up for this month. I'll try to read it in March.
4.a) Knit 6 pairs of socks this year. To this end, I would like to have a personal sock club.
4.b) Knit projects in the following order: Socks, a gift, a wrap with love square, a personal project.
Um. No. Haven't finished my mum's Christmas socks, skipped the gifts and blanket square and didn't finish the personal project - the olympic jumper (more about that tomorrow). I'm thinking I at least have to finish the socks and jumper before getting back on track. I'm hoping I can knit quick soon. (Makes reading difficult.)
5. Exercise twice a week.
Still can't find my training swimminging costume. Fail.
6. Use our Wii Fit at least twice this year.
Not yet, but still 10 months to go.
7. Read the 'family' part of M'Cheyne's Yearly Bible reading plan (so at half speed) and For the Love of God Part 1 by Don Carson.
Yes. This is one thing I've been able to keep doing.
8. Have one person/group of people over each month (not including our parents).
Actually, we had two. Josh came round for an impromptu dinner and we had Pete and family round one afternoon too (and it forced us to tidy up a bit too).
9. See each of our parents in a meaningful way each fortnight.
We all went to see the Edinburgh Military Tattoo (in Australia - obviously not the one in Edinburgh) in early February. We also all celebrated Chinese New Year a week later. We had lunch with my parents yesterday. We haven't seen Clem's parents since but on a law of averages, that's every two weeks.
10. Encourage Clem to indulge his passions once each month.
Not really.
11. Celebrate (or commemorate) the holidays well.
For a small month, February has a lot of holidays.
Chinese New Year - We went out for our reunion dinner on New Years Eve, put up decorations inside the house and gave out red packets.
Dad's birthday - We went out for dinner two days before his birthday (doesn't help that his birthday is on Chinese New Year/Valentine's Day) to Pancakes on the Rocks (the restaurant my parents went to on their first date). Bought my dad Hot Cross Buns (his favourite) and Coffee to him between the church service he attends and Sunday School (where he teaches preschoolers).
Pancake day - Evangelicals aren't really into Lent but my family has always been into Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras etc). Clem and I had pancakes for breakfast. (Aside - I understand how the name came about but I still think its odd that the Gay and Lesbian parade held last Saturday is called "Fat Tuesday".)
Aside - Clem doesn't believe in Valentine's Day and for my whole life, its just been my dad's birthday so we don't do that one. But that's always been our way so...
12. Blog at least one meaningful post each week.
Brief posts about wet spiders and Chinese New Year don't really count, so I had two. I did mean to blog more about the Winter Olympics but it came down to knitting or blogging about it so I choose the knitting. Tomorrow I'll post about it.
13. 1 RAK per month.
No.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello, I wondered where you got to! Busy watching the Olympics I see. LOL Don't be too discouraged with what may seem to be your lack of progress, remember #1: spend more time relaxing!
Post a Comment