I've been reading a few blogs and forums lately and the same scenario keeps coming up: Person A has commented not completely favourably on something that Person B said and B takes great offense like A has made a person attack on them. As I'm not involved in the issues raised and can therefore take some distance, I can see that A isn't actually really attacking B (and sometimes not even actually saying something that disagrees with B at all). However, B can't see that and takes great offense, often writing a lengthy posting stating as such.
Of course, I have been probably both A and B in the past, so I don't stand outside my observations or judgment, but why is everyone always on the defensive on the net (it seems)? Why are people often so terse with each other? Why can't we all just take a minute to breathe, make sure that what we understood of what we read was actually what was being said and have some peace? Of course, there are some times, when A does really insult B or when A and B have such a huge disagreement that there isn't much that can be done but is there a way we can improve it when it is just a misunderstanding? (I realise a lot of the problem comes from the net being a written and faceless medium.) Should people who can see that A isn't attacking B point out as such?
Am I making any sense? Does anyone have any wisdom or insight on this?
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No wisdom or insight here. I usually ask myself this: "In the eternal scheme of things, is it really a big deal?"
Post a Comment