Dear J,
Several years ago, there was some sort of church social dinner in the church hall and in order to get us to meet other people we didn't know they got us to find the person who had the birthdate closest to our own. I went off on this search and discovered a gentleman in his eighties who actually shared the same birthday as me. His name was Ted (ask your dad one day to tell you more about him). The person MCing the dinner suggested we could each send a birthday card to our birthday buddy but I don't think he/she expected anyone to do so.
But Ted and I did and we kept on doing it. So every year Ted would receive a nice but wholely unremarkable birthday card from me and I would receive these amazing birthday cards in return. You see, Ted had the most amazing copperplate handwriting. You could spot his cards a mile away.
I faithfully received these cards year after year. Sadly, Ted passed away in January this year. I'm sad that you'll never have the memory of receiving a card with his beautiful handwriting as you also shared a birthday. However, while I can't give you cards written in beautiful copperplate, I can send you a birthday card each year.
So Happy 3rd Birthday J. You share your birthday with some great company.
Anna
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a lovely story . . . and Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Anna and J! May Ted live long in your memory.
Post a Comment