Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Clause 2a

It is my minister's wife's birthday, next Tuesday and so I was planning to buy her some gifts from Tribes and Nations. I was thinking perhaps some chocolate, coffee and soap and my mind started to wander to knitting her a face cloth (e.g. Ballband or MDK).

However, I was certain that I didn't have any cotton left to knit it but under clause 2.a. "Cotton is a seperate yarn category and so I can buy more cotton (only if necessary to make presents) when the current cotton I have has been used up" so I could buy some more when I finished all my cotton. I did have a little denim left, from the bibs I made for baby Peter, so I figured I would knit that up, I was pretty certain I had enough left, into a pair of booties from the pattern in the calander my mum got me for Christmas, for minister's kid no 5.

However, as I went to find the bag, I discovered that I had only part of a ball left but lo and behold, a whole ball of cotton. I was a bit annoyed about this as I'd been scrimping through my cotton left overs to finally use it all up and had made multicoloured ballband dishcloths to try and get through it all, when I could have just been using this whole fresh ball. I knitted the bit of denim up and got one boot and so therefore on Thursday, due to clasues 2a and 2c, I am going to buy more cotton and some more denim at Tapestry Craft.

You know what this knit from your stash deal is? It's an excerise in self justification. We're all trying to be pharisees, instead of going with the spirit of the exercise. Hmm...should I be more frugal and not buy more cotton, just more denim?

No comments: