Monday, April 23, 2007

Unwaviness

In honour of the Bard's (apparent) "birthday" (and death), I was going to find a Shakesperean quote about knitting, but instead will direct you here.
______________________________________________

I was reflecting on how the knitting blogs I find most interesting show progress shots and comment on it as well as finished products. I think this makes me feel more interested in the final product than if I just see shots of finished objects. I was, therefore, thinking that I should take shots of my current project, Wavy

Wavy

when looking down it while babysitting, I discovered that for some reason about 30 rows previously, I had mixed up my knits and purls (almost sounds a Shakespearean phrase).

Wavy error

After staring at it for at least 1 minute, I contemplated frogging back to the offending row, but decided this was much to difficult and that that the waves were looking strange anyway (the first repeat waves in and out nicely but the others have funny points)

Unwavy wavy

so I pulled the needles out

Needleless Wavy

and have begun again. *sigh*



[For the interested, I am pretty certain that this is the first ever pattern I've ever knit with the yarn the pattern calls for. - It's Cascade 220 from Webs.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*SIGH* for the frogging. But it's going to be gorgeous when it's finished! What do you think of the Cascade? That's a very popular yarn where I am (not telling ;-) and it's one of my favorites to work with.
Can't wait to see the restart.
Your,
SP10