Friday, May 25, 2007

Eeeee!!!!!!!!!

I got an email from my secret pal on Wednesday saying she had sent me my first package a week ago (16/5/07) but had held off telling me until then so that I wouldn't feel like the wait was as long. (Both she and I were expecting a two week wait as thats what the post office had told her and thats how long my first package took to get to the US.) So I was really surprised when I got home to find...

SP10 package

which I hastely opened to find...

SP10 package

which if you don't have the ability to see through the top layer is

SP10 card

- a lovely card saying anything is possible.

Knitting book

- a tiny (and it is tiny) book about knitting with little quotes all the way through it and it has a tiny ball of yarn charm as a bookmark. Its so cute.

Journal and Post-its

- a gorgeous journal and stickynotes/post-its. It is so wonderful. I am still pondering exactly what I'm going to use it for but its beautiful.

Needles

- one set of straight (I love straights!) pink Sarah Bates 4.5mm (US 7s) needles. It a size I don't have - good going secret pal!

Sugar n cream dishcloth cotton

- 3 balls of Sugar n cream dishcloth cotton!!!! I have been wanting to try this yarn out ever since I got Mason-Dixon Knitting and started lurking in the KAL. Eeee!!!!! These balls are so destined for ballband dishclothness.

Cotton Fleece

- 3 balls of Cotton Fleece - 80% Cotton 20% Merino - its lovely and soft but I'm not sure what its destined for. I would normally use cotton for dishcloths, facecloths etc but the merino has me stumped. I may actually have to make myself a summer knit - the question is - what?

THANK YOU SECRET PAL! Its wonderful!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I like that cotton/merino. It's very pretty!

Nice choice, Anna's SP!

Anna said...

Any ideas on what to make with it?

Anonymous said...

No, but it's pretty. I'll let you know if it speaks to me.

Anna said...

"Erin...Erin...can you hear me?"

Anonymous said...

That's you speaking, not the yarn. You can't fool me! You're no good at doing the yarn voices.

Incidentally, my not-in-any-way-secret-pal gave me the stitch markers. They rock. Did you make them?

Anna said...

What are yarn voices meant to sound like then?

In other news, your alleged best friend is not-in-any-way-secret-pal. The person that gave them to her is. And yes, I did make them. That's why they aren't really spectacular and very Australian.

Anonymous said...

Yarn has obviously never spoken to you if you don't know the sound of its voice. It's just one of things you have to hear for yourself. I can't describe it.

Sorry for the confusion, not-in-any-way-secret-pal. I had a look in Spotlight for stitch marker making charms but they only had elephants and palm trees. Do they not understand the needs of Secret Pals and not-in-any-way-secret-pals everywhere?

Anna said...

So yarn speaking is like crazy dancing? You can't explain it? Does God talk to you like this to?

I got the charms from a bead shop in Alexandria. Your not-in-any-way-secret-pal only bothered to make them so she could send them to her secret pal. You got some as an addition. They had a disappointing lack of knitting related charms. The scissors were the only thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like it! And good job U.S. to Australian post office connection! That was shockingly fast!
The Cotton Fleece is probably my favorite cotton to knit with- the tiny bit of wool keeps it from feeling too dry, I think. And I'm so glad you liked the dishcloth cotton! Again, it's the only kind I use.
So... one more package to go... and if this was your "cotton" package... what will the next theme be...
I'm trying to be mysterious. Is it working? ;-)
Cheers!
SP10