Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Of the seasons

Spring sprung on Saturday. (In Australia, seasons begin on the 1st of March, June, September and December - not on the equinox and soltice as it does in other places.) And it did so with the weather turning colder. So in honour of the first day of spring, I give you some photos I took during staff conference in July this year, at one of my most favourite (and I think most beautiful) places in the world.



This was the view from right outside my room at the conference.



This was taken on what the rest of the world told me was a very cold morning, although we were not cold. We sat on the wharf and had communion and reflected upon the morning, particularly that morning along time ago, the first day of the week.



These photos were taken on a leisurely afternoon sit on another wharf looking into the water at my feet.



And now to thank our proud sponsors . We would like to thank Clem for the camera so I can take these photos and Richie for fixing my laptop (so now I am fully online at home - now just to clean my desk so I can leave it there). (See - every knit blogger needs people like this - without a computer connected to the net or a digital camera, I wouldn't be a knit blogger, I'd just be a knitter.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place and a lovely location for a conference! Happy spring to you! (It's almost fall here!)

jely said...

anna banana!! =DDDD

Emily said...

I'm not expressing anything new, but these pictures are really, really lovely. Thanks for sharing!
How great you're entering spring as we head into fall- my two favorite times of the year (original, yes?). Can't wait to see some of your mystery projects!