Socktoberfest
Success! The socks are done! Yay! I love them.
Southern Summer of Socks
See above - so far so good. One pair of socks done! First pair of socks done! This is ongoing madness.
Finish as many UFOs as you can month
This one had its ups and downs
- Irish Hiking scarf - done!
- Moss-Grid Handtowel - done!
- Beach jumper - It may seem I went backwards to go forward on this one. When I left it (sometime late last year), I had seamed both shoulders and sewn in one sleeve, but had undone one shoulder because I wanted to try a three needle bindoff or something. However, I had to reknit the shoulder and then (because the seaming was atrocious), I unpicked the seam and the sewing in of the sleeve (I still have the sleeve). However, before the end of yesterday, all I had time for was to re-seam the shoulders.

So to complete the jumper (sweater) - I have to sew in the two sleeves, unpick the cuff on one of the sleeves because it is wayyyyy to tight and knit the neck. I hope that it wont take me till next October to finish it. (I keep thinking it looks worse and is in worse shape than it actually is - mental note to self!)

- Cozy - this technically wasn't a project to finish as I started in October but anyway. I've been wanting to knit this for ages and so I cast on in Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. I was hoping to wear it to at least one of the 5 weddings I have to go to in Oct/Nov. However, I don't think its going to be. I'm almost through my first skein (I have 6 skeins in total - so I've got a way to go.)

This project has forced me to learn the hardway about the necessities of lifelines. I had to reknit the first repeat about 4 times. (I'm now putting in a life line every repeat.) At least I didn't get any further than this and have to rip it back.

I've actually discovered that I almost like the WS more than the RS (bonus!). I can't wait till I actually can wear it.

- Clem's scarf - didn't even get to start, but as this is being reincarnated as Henry, I'm not sure that counts.
- Watermelon hat - didn't even get to start on it. I hope I get a few baby hats out soon - I'm a bit behind.
- Wrap with love squares - this was at the bottom of my list and so was a bit of a pipe dream.
I think I was a little optimistic, but still I got some UFOs done.
Now its onto November madness - but I'll post about that tomorrow.
2 comments:
Hi Anna!Thanks for your comment on my blog!
It seems I'm rather *shocking* person to you! ;p
I'm actually the youngest person in my year. But now that Fee-Help has come in there are a lot younger people in second year now (there's no need to save up to go to college because Fee-Help is like HECS).
I love your work! Your pink socks absolutely rock!
Oh Anna - I got Paisley's package today and it was so cool - I really loved everything in it, but the blanket was especially pretty - thanks so much!!
Post a Comment