
This colour combo has two problems. 1) You can barely see the brown in the green part. The pattern has a much more vibrant distinction. 2) The white and cream looked virtually the same and weren't going to work next to each other. However, I love the waist band colours and could not bare it if I had to knit those rows again.
I did contemplate frogging it and starting over, moving colour A to colour E and subbing the taupe colour (#682) for A. However, I was really hoping against this and that colour didn't scream out either.
The green (colour D) in the pattern was looking more a blue/greeny colour in the photos. I thought about changing the green for mint (#653) but instead to decided to sub in green (#678). (I think I was using olive (#683) before.
I also bought some light blue-violet (#656) to use for colour E. I'm not sure how all these things will go.

I think the light blue is going to stay (it is different enough from the darker blue). However, I'm not so sure about the light green. It looks a little fluro to me. I'll knit it up till about the same point and see what it does and then make a decision. I highly doubt I'm going to finish this jumper by 30 November. *sigh* Why did I a) not swatch and think about colours before hand and b) not think about how long this cardi would take in a month period before hand? *sigh* No forethought.
[I know no one really cares about all this but at least I'll have it to look back on.]
No comments:
Post a Comment