Friday, April 18, 2008

Happiness...

A couple of weeks ago, I fell off the wagon and got a couple of packages from The Knittery. I wont admit to the rest of the contents at the moment but inside one was this..

Sock yarn

Aren't the colours just gorgeous?

Sock yarn

The two outside yarns are Merino Cashmere 4ply sock yarn in Holiday and Moses Fire.

Orange blossoms sock yarn

The inside is Merino 5ply Chubby sock yarn in Orange Blossom. I'm not sure its a 5ply though. Its actually thinner than the 4ply Merino cashmere, but it looks divine and is a 3-4ply, still okay for socks. I heard the 3ply slim is just thicker than laceweight.

Orange blossoms yarn cake

Can you tell I'm besotted with it? My mum choose the yarn, and I actually think I like it better than the other two colourways but we'll see how it looks once its knit up.

Blossom socks

These socks are for my mum. She keeps hassling me for a pair of socks. She points out that everyone else has gotten socks except her, inspite of the fact that in that time she's got a hat and scarf. Still its her birthday in early May and I was planning to make them for her anyway.

Blossom socks

Don't you just love how they pool? They're just Yarn Harlot's basic sock receipe and its going really quick. That photo was taken yesterday and I've already turned the heel.

Okay....you can stop listening to be smitten.

No comments: