
(It doesn't look that exciting but for a small-medium sized church, with about 15-20 women attending the knit in, there would be enough squares already for 3-4 blankets and some more squares are on the way.)

We seem to have lots of knitters and not enough crocheters - although we did manage to teach a couple of new people. Unfortunately, not I. (Perhaps that a good thing, otherwise I've have to crochet the blankets together instead of knit them.)

I started my square on Monday and I had tried to do maths so that I would have done just enough of a square, so that I would finish by the end of the knit in. Unfortunately, I misjudged and finished a little early, so I had to begin another one.
I used some Panda Carnival 8ply I had in my stash (due to miscommunication between me and my dad). Despite my anti cheap acrylic stance, it was actually bareable for the square. I'm not sure I'll buy cheap acrylic but I wont absolutely refuse to use it.

It doesn't seem like much but this is a sneaked picture of the knitting of the knitting speed demon of our church. She claims its not true and that there are others faster than her, but everyone knows she is by far the fastest.
Pretty yarn pics tomorrow (or when I next post)...
1 comment:
Some of the Carnival acrylic is lovely to knit with - soft as wool - but some colours are hard as anything! Unbelievable. Acrylic is good for charity projects though; it's light, goes further [more metres per 100g] and it's inexpensive. It also is good when you don't know what care the finished articles will get - a hospital probably washes everything in hot water!
Congratulations to all who attended the knit in! Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment