On the 6th April, I finally finished the Afternoon tea socks. (They were the last of my Southern Summer of Socks Socks, albeit 6 days late. This means that excluding the six days, the only goal I didn't complete was knitting a sock for my sockblocker keyring, which I imagine would take about an hour, once I find it. So fairly sucessful, particularly for someone who 6 months ago had never knit socks, to now have 6 pairs.)

They're Earl Grey socks in Ranco (Colourway#488), 76 stitches around on 2.5mm. It used up most of a skein.
I named them afternoon tea socks because they aren't grey and I keep thinking there is a flavour of tea called "Afternoon tea" (although I could be making that up), that I think I remember the receipient it drinking once.

(Why is it that I either forget to take a photo at all or only remember to take a photo right before I have to give it to the person so the lighting is shocking? That or I only finish it last minute and have no choice? Yes, I'm stretching the sock out on my camera bag - but never fear - I now own sock blockers!
[Tune in next time for prudy sock yarn, an extra bright rasta hat, sock blockers and other goodies, charity squares and a returned easter show project!]
1 comment:
congratulations on the six pairs of socks - hope you find your sock blocker key ring soon; that will be a quick, fun project!
Post a Comment