Friday, March 27, 2009

Hexercise

I know this is a knitting blog but I think I need the "publicness" to keep myself committed. Taking my lead from Kris and Dana I think I need to start blogging about me and exercise (or our lack of relationship).

I did ballet and other forms of dancing for more than 10 years from the age of four and then played seven years of hockey, with a little bit of swimming and pilates (pirates) thrown in, but basically since 2005, there hasn't been lots of exercise on the agenda. (I think there was some swimming in there in 2005 and 2006 but since I started working full time that's fallen off. Now that I don't live with my parents, even an odd cycle doesn't occur.)

I had the day off on Wednesday, so I went for a swim (after 3:30pm - what was I thinking?) and I think I should get back into it. (One day I might blog about my knees and shins and why running is out of the question.) Winter is coming up so it might be hard but we'll see how we go.

This week I did 40 laps of a 25 metre pool. It wasn't fast or pretty (and it didn't help that there were about 6 other people in my lane, some of whom should really have been in the slow lane). (Okay, I have swim rage.) But it was a start. We'll see how next week goes, especially since I don't have the time off.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Great job! I'm in awe of those who can swim. It's just in a completely different league of fitness, really. Maybe we should find a cyclist and do a relay triathlon eventually!

Lynne said...

Good on you - I'll cheer you on because I've been there!

I bought myself a pedometer mid-2008 and determined that I would do 10,000 steps per day. And I did - for months - even on Christmas Day!

Then the post-wedding-mini-depression hit and now I only walk if I have to [like from the station to work] or if I feel like it and have nothing else I'd rather be doing!

But I should get back to it!!