Time for a March Goals check up (yes, I know I'm doing 3 months worth of check ups in May).
1. Spend less time fussing and more time relaxing. Spend one evening a week just watching TV & knitting or similar. (No ironing or sorting or otherwise while watching TV!)
I think there was a lot of studying and not much relaxing. Fail.
2. Spend one night per week being organised.
I've set aside an hour a week and am getting better at it.
3. Read 1 book per month of which at least 6 are novels over the course of the year.
I actually managed to finish Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I was slightly confused occassionally but found it really hard to put down.
4.a) Knit 6 pairs of socks this year. To this end, I would like to have a personal sock club.
4.b) Knit projects in the following order: Socks, a gift, a wrap with love square, a personal project.
No. I did a bit more on my olympics jumper (Manly Sweater) but even then its not finished.
5. Exercise twice a week.
Still can't find my training swimminging costume. Fail.
6. Use our Wii Fit at least twice this year.
Not yet, but still 9 months to go.
7. Read the 'family' part of M'Cheyne's Yearly Bible reading plan (so at half speed) and For the Love of God Part 1 by Don Carson.
Yes. This is one thing I've been able to keep doing.
8. Have one person/group of people over each month (not including our parents).
Nope. No success.
9. See each of our parents in a meaningful way each fortnight.
We had Yum Cha with Clem's parents for Aunty's birthday and then everyone went to "high tea" with us for my birthday a week later. I can't remember if we saw my parents another time in a meangingful way but we may well have. Fairly successful.
10. Encourage Clem to indulge his passions once each month.
Not really.
11. Celebrate (or commemorate) the holidays well.
Aunty's birthday - Almost missed this one but we all went out for Yum Cha. Not ideal but we did celebrate.
My birthday - I'm really not good at deciding what to do but Clem and I did go out for dinner on my birtday, there was cake at bible study and my parents, Clem's parents, Clem and I all went for "high tea" (afternoon tea) at the Swissotel.
Ides of March - I was wary and watched out for Senators.
St Patricks Day - I'm never sure what to make of my response to St Patricks Day, as a protestant with distant Irish heritage. It's not just a day for wearing green, its a catholic religious festival. So I decided the appropriate thing was to pray for Ireland and Clem and I did.
Neighbour Day - I did mean to post about this but the day before Neighbour Day (26th March), Clem and I went and knocked on every door in our new apartment block and introduced ourselves. (We got a lot of strange looks.)
12. Blog at least one meaningful post each week.
I did post 4 times, and a few small ones, so I guess that's a win.
13. 1 RAK per month.
Not that I can think of.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment