Time for an April Goals check up (still catching up on my catch ups).
1. Spend less time fussing and more time relaxing. Spend one evening a week just watching TV & knitting or similar. (No ironing or sorting or otherwise while watching TV!)
I had my CPA Ethics exam on 4th May, so if I wasn't studying for my exam I should have been.
2. Spend one night per week being organised.
I've set aside an hour a week and am getting better at it.
3. Read 1 book per month of which at least 6 are novels over the course of the year.
I don't think I read much at home other than the Bible and my study materials.
4.a) Knit 6 pairs of socks this year. To this end, I would like to have a personal sock club.
4.b) Knit projects in the following order: Socks, a gift, a wrap with love square, a personal project.
Still working on the Olympics jumper (its still not finished).
5. Exercise twice a week.
Still can't find my training swimminging costume. Fail.
6. Use our Wii Fit at least twice this year.
Not yet, but still 8 months to go.
7. Read the 'family' part of M'Cheyne's Yearly Bible reading plan (so at half speed) and For the Love of God Part 1 by Don Carson.
Yes. This is one thing I've been able to keep doing.
8. Have one person/group of people over each month (not including our parents).
Yes. Therese and Vonnie came over on Good Friday. Heidi and Leo were meant to come but then didn't.
9. See each of our parents in a meaningful way each fortnight.
We went to yum cha with Clem's parents at Easter and I know we went out and also had my parents over during April.
10. Encourage Clem to indulge his passions once each month.
Not really.
11. Celebrate (or commemorate) the holidays well.
Passover (the Jewish holiday) - All I managed to do was read the relevant chapters in Exodus.
Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday - I actually count these as almost a fail. I didn't do any kind of passover or foot washing and other than the church services, Easter felt really rushed and unmeaningful. I had plans to be more reflective but it didn't happen.
Anzac Day - as it was on a Sunday and I was at Sunday school, I didn't get to watch the Sydney march (including Uncle Greg) on TV. I didn't even post an Anzac Day post. However, I did go to the Anzac Day church service (including a diary from Fromelles) and flag raising, watched the Villers-Bretonneux service on TV (even if I couldn't see Ben) and two other last Posts and reveilles. However, I forgot to raise a cross in the field of rememberance and I'll admit to feeling less relfective by the 4th last post post. So I'm having mixed feelings.
Didn't do so well on holidays this month.
12. Blog at least one meaningful post each week.
0 posts in April. Not even a catch up. As Clem would say, Epic Fail.
13. 1 RAK per month.
Not that I can think of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment