My January check up of my goals:
1. Celebrate the holidays well. (I hope to list all the holidays I've come up with in another post.)
I kind of count New Years and Epiphany in the previous year as its more about New Years Eve and Epiphany is the end of Christmas. This left the only holiday in January as Australia Day, a holiday with which I have an uneasy relationship. (I blogged about it here last year.) I did have vegemite for breakfast and go to a BBQ at lunch which are fairly traditional Australia Day activities. We went out for Chinese for dinner though. Not sure what that counts as. We didn't mean to be multicultural - we just live near a glut of Chinese restaurants and often eat there. I guess I celebrated Australia Day well enough considering I'm not sure what I think of it.
I still have to blog my list of holidays too. *sigh*
2. Knit a personal 6-sock sock-club.
I am knitting my first set of 6 socks (one every two months so I'm okay) but I haven't blogged about this yet either.
3. Knit Christmas presents throughout the year.
Not sure what a good metric (see I'm learning new words) for this one is but I'm working on it slowly.
4. Finish UFOs.
Not sure what a good metric is for this one either. No progress currently.
5. Read for the Love of God Volume 2.
So far, yes, I've kept up to date. (It's a book with something for each day so I can't finish it until the end of 2011.)
6. Invite someone to our house each month.
Suspecting that my parents checking the mail and watering the plants doens't qualify, I would have to say no. We almost did but the date didn't suit the other person so we had to move it till early February.
7. See our parents meaningfully twice a month.
We saw my parents at least twice but only saw C's once.
8. Have meaningful quiet times.
Not really but I've started reading A Call to a Spiritual Reformation by Don Carson and its given me a few ideas.
9. To pay more boardgames/Wii with Clem.
None. Need to work on this. I did rescue all my board games from my parents. We had a lot before though.
10. Complete 52 weeks of organising
I think this will need to be changed to 26 fortnights of organising. I need to be more realistic about the time frames that projects take me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment