Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Knitting Conudrum 2

So I've kept knitting on my Noro Kureyon beanie. Its a fairly simple pattern. I swatched and found that I was knitting 5 stitches to the inch, so I cast on 90 stitches (considering an 18 inch beanie was sufficient to fit my head), knit a 3 by 3 rib for 2 inches and then in stocking stitch for another 3.5 inches.

Kureyon beanie

Now here is my question:

Should I:

a) Knit the decreases in a knit 8 k2tog for one row, knit one row, knit 7 k2tog for one row, knit one row, knit 7 k2tog for one row etc etc pattern(like this) creating a spiral pattern

b) Knit the decreases in a ssk, k2tog pattern (like this creating a cross pattern.

Please leave your opinion in the comments! Thanks

P.S. I'm still seeking input on the border for the SnC dishcloth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the spiral decreases best.