And so the longest night passes. I think it almost passed me by, as all the rain (which is very much appreciated) made the days leading up to it dark and gloomy, and then the day before it was full of light.
I think the signficance of the days and seasons was lost on me, when my life revolved around progressing to the next year of school and getting through exams. Now that I've started working fulltime (even for a short time), I think I've become more mellowed to the seasons and times of life. As the writer of Ecclesiastes wrote "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
So I watch the world go by and enjoy its rhythm. Good bye dark evenings and hello to longer ones (although the warmer weather is still along way off *sigh*).
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment