Friday, August 31, 2007

Of yarn, ballwinders, secrets and knitting

So yes, last thursday I did become the proud owner of my very own ballwinder. (It has now become one of my most prized posessions.)

Ballwinder

Although I've had it for a week, I only used it for the first time last night as I couldn't justify asking for someone's help (no swift yet - but soon!), but last night I had to rewind some yarn that had gotten tangled so I have some really little balls.

Ballwinder

I did finish a project a couple of weeks ago, another Noro beanie, but couldn't post it in case the receipient saw it, but she has it now so... (Happy Birthday Di!)

Noro hat

Otherwise, there has been a bit of secret knitting, which is moving along. Both should be finished soon.

But as both the secret projects are now big and/or unweildy, I have started an outandabout project. It's an Irish Hiking Scarf in Cascade 220 for my mum.

Irish Hiking Scarf

The colour (which I do not remember, other than "pink") isn't very accurate in that picture. Its more like this.

Cascade 220 colour

The Cascade is part of the Centre Square hat I knit for her, so it will be a kinda matching set (not too matching though).

However, I hope to soon have both the secret projects and KFYS2007 finished so I can go on my merry (and yarn buying) way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ball winder! Whenever I start a new project and have to wind a ball by hand I wish I had the whole swift and winder apparatus. Fun Fun. You can have winding parties with your knit friends!

Anonymous said...

Hey

Please tell me that both halves of Operation Trinemanct match up. I had a horrible dream last night where one side was tiny and the other was huge and we had to send a really ugly secret project to the secret project recipient.