Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Of UFOs

Okay, following Adina's rules,

1. Take an inventory of your UFOs. Some things will be worth finishing, some things will worth ripping out.

1. Beach Jumper. (Jumper is Australian for sweater - its not a tunic/dress thing!) - To finish.

2. Clem's scarf - I'm really thinking about frogging this and knitting Henry out of the browny coloured yarn instead.

3. Irish Hiking Scarf - To finish.

4. Moss-Grid Handtowel - To finish.

5. Coronet - To frog. I started this for a friend's birthday but gave up as it wasn't working out and I wasn't going to finish in time. I gave her flowers instead.

6. 1 Watermelon hat - To finish. I may need to frog it though to resize it.

7. Wrap with Love squares - To continue on with.

This finishing objects business is a bit hard - considering I'm just coming out of KFYS2007. *sigh*

2. Choose the objects you are going to finish during this very productive month. Note how much work each object will need and, just for kicks, how long each object has been a UFO.

1. Beach - I just need to finish one shoulder and sew it all togther. I started in July last year and haven't worked on it since September last year. *sigh*

2. Clem's scarf - Started in April or May this year from memory. If I finished it as it is now. It only needs to have ends woven in and a fringe. If I frog it, then the whole thing needs doing (of course).

3. Irish Hiking scarf - Just weaving in ends and the fringe (you can tell I don't like finishing can't you?). Started in August.

4. Moss Grid Handtowel - Started September. This isn't techinically a UFO yet, as I haven't stopped working on it, but it will become one while I work on my socks unless I finish it before then.

5. Watermelon hat - April this year? I think. I've only done the green and white bits so far.

6. Squares - This is an on again-off again kinda deal. But it would be good to keep at it.

3. Be prepared! Stock up on any yarns, finishings, etc. that you will need to finish the project.

I have most of the stuff and I'll just buy the rest as I need it I think. I can't buy it now anyway. (KFYS 2007)

4. Start finishing!

I will starting Oct 1 (well after I finish my socks).

I'll keep track of all my October project aims on the sidebar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are super busy. I need to cast on for more stuff - I have been boring lately! I did start a new knitting blog - http://yarndeficit.blogpot.com.

Anonymous said...

uh - I meant http://yarndeficit.blogspot.com - lol - I was typing too quickyl!