
I feel supremely suited to this KAL as
- I've started knitting socks!
- It will soon be another long hot summer (where I manage to spend the hottest part in the lovely but very hot town of Gunnedah)
- While having been to 5 countries, I have yet to leave the Southern Hemisphere and don't expect to over the summer. (Not that this really matters for the KAL but anyway...)
My goals are
1. To knit my first pair of socks
2. To knit one pair of socks per month (that's 6 pairs of socks before 31 March)
3. To knit a pair of Earl Grey socks
Not heaps lofty goals, but I have other things to knit and socks are a new venture for me.
People are thinking about rewards, but I reckon I'm going to have to buy sock yarn throughout this to make all these socks (socks are new for me), but I think the reward will be that I will have lots of knitted socks to either give as gifts (a relief) or to keep (even better).
4 comments:
That's the most interesting spelling of "succumb" I've ever seen. :)
Also: I am very tempted by the summer of socks...
And another also: My computer really hates Blogger. It takes me FOREVER to coax it into letting me comment.
YES! YES! Sock knitters unite! One more comes to the fold!
Soooo pleased to see you'll be participating in a sock KAL! Not to say I've not been commenting due to your lack of sock knitting... not really at least...
Of course I'm teasing. It's been weirdly busy again in over in neighbor-land, but I'm so glad you've stayed in touch! I'm going to check up on your other posts to see what else is going on, but I must say it warms the double-pointed edges of this knitter's heart to see you start your first pair of foot-covers (feet covers? I guess it depends if Second Sock Syndrome strikes or not...).
Love the Earl Gray socks too. Excellent pattern for men and women I think.
Mucho proud of my secret sock-pal!
Erin - you know my spelling is second only to my ability to tell the difference between green and purple. (Trees are purple and bishops wear green, yes?) I am a stickler for grammar but spelling is another matter entirely. I knew it was wrong as I was writing it to. I just couldn't think how to spell it.
Em - I will post my completed socks very soon! Thanks for converting me.
Yes, I know. But it is in my very nature to nitpick spelling.
Post a Comment