The following is a conversation a friend and I had arising out of this post.
Friend: If I ever become a pirate, I'm going to name my ship the Black Purl.
Me: Hehe...that's so cool. It could be the sister ship of the Dreaded Doily and we could invite the pilates pirates to entertain us. I still need a pirate name though.
Friend: We could be a fleet (Armada? Something?) of knitting pirates! I need a pirate name too.
Me: The Yarrrn Armada? (The Yarrnmada just sounds silly.) We could plunder and pillage and search for lost yarn treasure. (Addis, Zara...it would be beautiful) What would be a good knitting pirate name?
Friend: I like that kind of treasure. I don't know. I'm not good at names.
(The worrying thing is - that is a normal conversation for us.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds familiar...
The last comment cracked me up! You sould like a couple of good-humoured hearties!
Post a Comment