Monday, February 01, 2010

Beware of wet spiders

Yesterday at Sunday School, we were about to do some singing and I sat down next to a three year old girl. She looked down at my arm and we proceeded to have the following conversation:

bandaid on arm

B: What's that?
Me: (realising she wasn't going to pay attention to the person up the front until I answered but not wanting to distract everyone else, I whispered) I touched a hot iron.*
B: You touched a wet spider!?!

I didn't feel it was the right moment or worth the effort to repeat myself.

So you have been warned - don't touch a wet spider or you might end up with a bandaid on your arm.

*If one does happen to touch a hot iron, make sure you don't accidentally scratch it a few days later. It kills.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I touched the sole plate of the iron with the inside of my arm while ironing dad's winter pyjamas while he was in Tamworth Hospital - a superficial burn luckily. Hope yours gets better soon.