Time for a May Goals check up (yes, actually the month we're in).
1. Spend less time fussing and more time relaxing. Spend one evening a week just watching TV & knitting or similar. (No ironing or sorting or otherwise while watching TV!)
I think I did a little more relaxing but still not 100%. I have definately committed to not doing anything on Thursday night other than going to knitting and spending time with Clem.
2. Spend one night per week being organised.
I've got a regular one hour set aside now.
3. Read 1 book per month of which at least 6 are novels over the course of the year.
I wasn't sure what to read and never got around to it. I'm not sure what to read next. Perhaps I'll read the next Jane Austen novel in the book (its a compendium?). I think its Pride and Prejudice (until Sense and Sensibility I'd never read a Jane Austen novel).
4.a) Knit 6 pairs of socks this year. To this end, I would like to have a personal sock club.
4.b) Knit projects in the following order: Socks, a gift, a wrap with love square, a personal project.
No. I did a bit more on my olympics jumper (Manly Sweater) and am now up to sewing it up, worked a bit more on my mum's socks and then have been working on some baby stuff but none of it is finished.
5. Exercise twice a week.
I found my swimmers and went once-twice a week and am have been doing some other exercise on Saturday (like a long work).
6. Use our Wii Fit at least twice this year.
Yes. Yesterday and today. Done.
7. Read the 'family' part of M'Cheyne's Yearly Bible reading plan (so at half speed) and For the Love of God Part 1 by Don Carson.
Yes. This is one thing I've been able to keep doing.
8. Have one person/group of people over each month (not including our parents).
Gareth and Sumudu came over after going out to dinner, B,D,E,M&Q came over for dessert (after we'd gone out for dinner and dessert).
9. See each of our parents in a meaningful way each fortnight.
We went out for my mum and Clem's birthday in early May. We then went out for mothers day (a week late) with my parents and had afternoon tea with Clem's parents that same afternoon. So fairly successful.
10. Encourage Clem to indulge his passions once each month.
I need to work at this.
11. Celebrate (or commemorate) the holidays well.
Mum's birthday - we went out for dinner as a joint birthday celebration for Clem and Mum (this was a mixed bag). I also went round before work and gave her flowers and her gift and Clem and I came back round in the evening to wish her a Happy Birthday.
Clem's birthday - we went out for dinner ourselves as well as the joint birthday celebration, the day after his birthday I bought him some cupcakes (partly as it didn't occur to me before and partly as we were going out to dinner on his birthday). We also went out to Assiette with some friends later in the month as a joint birthday/finish PhD (the friend's) celebratory dinner.
Mother's Day - as Clem and mum's birthday were the week before so we were a bit partied out so it was a bit of relief for Clem to be sick (well not that part) so we moved Mother's Day to the following Saturday. Amongst me visiting a friend and having arvo tea with Clem's dad and step mum, we made it to the cememtery and had dinner with my mum and dad.
12. Blog at least one meaningful post each week.
Three catch up posts on the last day of the month doesn't count. Fail.
13. 1 RAK per month.
Not that I can think of.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to see you back online. I was thinking last week that I hadn't read anything from you for a while. I have just returned from several no-internet days away (visiting my mother) and was going to email you today so glad to see everything is okay.
Post a Comment