C goes through phases of having a favourite word. He might not claim it's his favourite word but it gets used ad nasaueum. I'm so glad that salubrious is now not so common. However, fail is in as is "Words to that effect". My 2010 goal obvervations were very much "fail". I can't even remember half of the stuff for the months of 2010, so here is an end of year round up.
1. Spend less time fussing and more time relaxing. Spend one evening a week just watching TV & knitting or similar. (No ironing or sorting or otherwise while watching TV!)
I don't think so. I do have date night with Clem after Morris and Sons SnB on Thursdays so that's half way there.
2. Spend one night per week being organised.
This happened sometimes but not often enough to count.
3. Read 1 book per month of which at least 6 are novels over the course of the year.
I think the only book I might have read this year in its entirity was Sense and Sensibility right near the start of the year.
4.a) Knit 6 pairs of socks this year. To this end, I would like to have a personal sock club.
4.b) Knit projects in the following order: Socks, a gift, a wrap with love square, a personal project.
Sock club. Not even started. Fail. Olympic jumper. Knitted but not sewn up. Fail. Mum's socks (2009 Christmas present) were finished on the Rocky Mountaineer in September 2010. Fail. (For 2010 Christmas, she got a DVD.) Project order. Fail.
5. Exercise twice a week.
I did swim sometimes - not twice a week and Saturday exercise kept getting squeezed out for other things.
6. Use our Wii Fit at least twice this year.
Yes. More than twice actually. Not every day but definately more than twice. Win!
7. Read the 'family' part of M'Cheyne's Yearly Bible reading plan (so at half speed) and For the Love of God Part 1 by Don Carson.
Yes. I did fall behind a couple of times but caught up in the end. Win.
8. Have one person/group of people over each month (not including our parents).
Since May, we had 3 people stay over and one or two other people over for dinner. Not sure it was once per month. It was intentional but it probably did actually happen.
9. See each of our parents in a meaningful way each fortnight.
I don't think we were very successful at this. This is something we need to work on.
10. Encourage Clem to indulge his passions once each month.
Not in an intentional way. Fail.
11. Celebrate (or commemorate) the holidays well.
Overall, not very well but still managed in some way the big ones.
12. Blog at least one meaningful post each week.
Fail. Epic fail.
13. 1 RAK per month.
Not that I can think of.
Now, I'm not downheartened about all this. It was ambitious and its more interesting to see what I want for 2011 as opposed to 2010.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
2010 Goals Catch up
Labels:
bible,
christianity,
exercise,
goals,
holidays,
knitting,
knitting olympics,
knitting;
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment